Custom Search

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Final Fantasy XIII price=wtf?


If you guys have been keeping up with the press coverage on Final Fantasy XIII's premiere party, you probably learned that the game will be coming out on December 17, 2009 in Japan. There is no set release date for America, but Square Enix did say that it would be aiming for Spring of 2010. Another surprising piece of information was that the game would be priced at 8800yen, which is about 95 american dollars.

I've been excited about Final Fantasy XIII now, and if there is some kind of English translation option for the game(which I doubt), I would buy it in a heartbeat so that I wouldn't have to wait till next year. However, after looking at the price, I'm starting to have my doubts. 95 dollars for a game? I don't even remember seeing anything about it being a collector's or special edition either. I really hope the game isn't 95 dollars when the game is released in the states, that'd be too much for a game in my opinion. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one turned off by the price point.

What could Square Enix be thinking making the game so expensive? Are they so sure that everyone would still buy the game even at 8800yen($95)? Tell me what you guys think.

1 comment:

  1. they are a company, if they can milk anything they would. And with the hype thats around ff13, its milkable.

    ReplyDelete